Mini review: As a non-SHMUP player I feel more comfortable in the Dimensions game mode which lets me take a breather after clearing each map, as opposed to Arcade which ramps up difficulty on a curve (4 curve selections called "seasons" so when you get better at the game you can ramp it up quicker). Amount of effects are perfect, not overwhelming, and the music really fits without being sensory overload. Thank you for letting us remap all the controls, I'm one of those weirdos that plays with the mouse non-inverted. Well done!
Doki Doki Gravity Dive
A downloadable SHMUP for Windows and Linux
Doki Doki Gravity Dive is a Score Attack Shoot 'em Up with tiny solar systems as your playground which are populated with tiny worlds and a singularity at their center.
Enemies relentlessly invade and it is up to you to keep them at bay. At least for as long as you can!
Each celestial body has its own gravitational pull and to stand even the slightest chance to survive the never ending onslaught, you have to adapt to changes in gravity quickly and throw concepts like up and down out the window!
So hop, fly, dodge, shoot and (hopefully) have fun!
...until the heat death of the universe.
Doki Doki Gravity Dive was inspired by games like Geometry Wars, Devil Daggers and the gravitysystem of Super Mario Galaxy. The visual style was inspired by both TRON, StarFox and 1980s CGI and chosen to be deliberately simple and as easy to read as possible considering the otherwise chaotic nature of the gameplay.
- Lunchbreak-sized Arcade gameplay.
- Dynamic gravity system which affects every moving object in the game. Even weapon projectiles!
- 2 game modes: Arcade & Dimensions
- 4 seasons, each providing their own starting difficulty and progression.
- 17 enemy types, each with their own behavior and attack pattern.
- Planets shaped like cubes, cylinders, pyramids, toruses and more form countless, unique solar systems.
- Your ship is equipped with an upgradeable weapon, bombs, "EX" special attack, speed boost, jump and hover abilities to deal with everything the universe throws at you!
- Visual style reminiscent of 1980s CGI. Lowpoly, textureless, clean.
- Soundtrack by ChronoWolf which pushes you to your limits!
Buy it on Bandcamp!
|Release date||Aug 17, 2021|
|Made with||ChipTone, Unity|
|Tags||Arcade, DRM Free, Gravity, Low-poly, mind-bending, Score Attack, Shoot 'Em Up, Singleplayer, Space, Unity|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, soundtrack on Bandcamp|
In order to download this SHMUP you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- v1.0.1 UpdateAug 22, 2021